Thursday, August 23, 2012

New Art Series - A Gathering of Papers

A Gathering of Papers. I had saved some invitations that were made by Larry Thompson at greyweatherspress.com a couple of years ago. They were made with such a lovely paper that I could not throw them away. A year before that, Holly Dean, her mom and I spent a day, making patterned paper. We would paint the paper then stamp it with a contrasting colour. We used black and white paint for the most dramatic effect. I created a rather large stamp of trees for this task. It was a little too large and ended up breaking in two. I do love it with all its flaws. With this gathering of fine papers I ripped up my pattered papers and filled each invitation page randomly. I let the paper and patterns determine the story each one was to tell. After a little pen and ink, some gel medium a story was told. I attached each finished piece to a canvas 8" x 10", ready to hang. ALL SOLD>

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this new work! Your creativity is showing ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Holly. It is good to be back creating art in the studio as well as designing, building and restoring for Rusty Nail. I think I found some balance this year.

      Delete